Costa Rica is an amazing spot for nature enthusiasts, adventure seekers, and those looking to get away from the stresses of everyday life. Costa Rica receives approximately 1.7 million visitors from the United States each year, thanks to its magnificent beaches, lush rainforests, and rich fauna. Aside from the breathtaking scenery, Costa Rica has an incredible culture and gastronomy that is an absolute treat.
At Interbus, we believe that the best way to discover the richness of Costa Rica’s culture and cuisine is by traveling with us. With over 180 routes and daily departures, our modern fleet and reliable drivers make Interbus the top choice for exploring every corner of this amazing country.
Now, let’s talk about the food! Costa Rican cuisine is a fusion of indigenous, African, and Spanish influences, resulting in a diverse and delicious array of dishes.
Here are 10 must-try foods and drinks from Costa Rica:
- Gallo Pinto – A breakfast dish made of rice, beans, and spices. This dish is a staple throughout Costa Rica.
- Casado – A lunch dish that includes rice, beans, plantains, salad, and a choice of meat.
- Ceviche – A seafood dish made with fresh fish, lime juice, and vegetables.
- Arroz con Pollo – Chicken and rice cooked together with vegetables and spices.
- Olla de Carne – A hearty beef soup with vegetables.
- Chifrijo – A snack made of rice, beans, pork, and pico de gallo.
- Tres Leches Cake – A sponge cake soaked in three types of milk and topped with whipped cream.
- Arroz con Leche – A rice pudding dessert made with milk, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Café con Leche – A traditional Costa Rican coffee with milk.
- Guaro Sour – A cocktail made with guaro, a clear spirit made from sugarcane, lime juice, and sugar.
If you want to try even more local food, head to the Mercado Central in San José. This bustling market is a foodie’s paradise, with vendors selling everything from fresh fruits and vegetables to handmade tortillas, ceviche, empanadas, and more. You can also find souvenirs, handmade crafts, and traditional clothing.
Of course, Costa Rica also has plenty of restaurants serving international cuisine, from Italian to Japanese to American. But we encourage you to try as much local food as possible, as it is truly delicious and unique.
Interbus is your perfect partner for discovering the richness of Costa Rican culture and cuisine. We invite you to come and explore this amazing country and taste all its wonderful flavors.
Don’t wait any longer, book your Interbus route today and let us take you on an unforgettable journey!