Terms and Conditions
Cancellation and Missed Reservation Policy
- Cancelling within 24 hours prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- You will receive a refund of your prepaid amount, minus a $100.00 cancellation fee. If your prepaid amount is less than $100.00 no refund will be issued.
- Cancelling up to 24 hours prior to scheduled pickup time.
- You will receive a refund of your prepaid amount, minus a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- No show, or failure to meet the rental requirements
- No refund will be issued.
- If the rental is picked up later, or returned early or if reservation length is shortened or reduced.
- No refund will be issued for unused time.
- A refund request for a cancelled reservation or denied rental must be made at email@example.com or by calling 506 2436-2000 8:00 AM-5:30 PM Mon-Fri; Local Time. Refund requests require providing the credit card number and expiration date, and refunds cannot be given at the counter. Refunds are credited back to your card within 5 to 10 business days.
- At the time of rental pick-up:
- You must present a valid credit card on your name. For credit cards that have been issue in Costa Rica a gold, platinum, or superior credit card is required for 4-wheel car categories.
- The rental location’s qualification rules apply. The name on all rental credentials (e.g., license and hold card) must match the name on the reservation. If the names do not match, for security reasons, the prepaid reservation must be canceled, and a new reservation must be made at current rates. A processing fee of $50.00 USD will apply.
- At pick-up, all drivers must present a valid driver’s license in their name. For rentals in CRC, if the driver’s license is not CRC, the renter must present a valid passport. If the country of residence on the renter’s credentials does not match the country indicated in the reservation, the rental rate will change.
- At pick-up, the renter must present a valid credit card in the renter’s name. A prepaid credit card is not an acceptable credential. Credit cards without numbers are not accepted.
- When using a credit card without raised numbers or a debit card for the hold, the following hold rules apply. If your rental location has exceptions to the following debit card rules, such as not accepting debit cards, those exceptions will appear in the ‘Location Exceptions’ section above.
- When using certain offer codes, you must provide association, corporate, or government credentials to demonstrate eligibility for the special rate/benefit.
- Please keep your reservation confirmation number as it is necessary for modification, cancellation, or refund requests. Once the scheduled pick-up time has passed, reservation changes cannot be made online.
- The card presented for the hold at the rental pickup is the rental record card. If the customer presents a debit card, they must take full coverage. Otherwise, they must cancel with a credit card and leave a deposit of $1,000.
- Before Budget releases the car to you, all rental terms and conditions must be met, regardless of your prepaid payment method.
- When the rental ends, we will process the release, but the bank may take time to reflect it in your account, unless you have already paid the rental, in which case the hold will be $1,000 USD to $3,000 USD. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use.
- Always report accidents immediately after they occur.
- Follow all instructions given on behalf of the insurance company.
- Always remain at the scene of the accident unless your health is at risk.
Please remember that failure to follow these instructions may reduce or eliminate the insurance company’s risk coverage. Therefore, the driver is responsible for all damages caused to third parties. We hope you drive safely and continue to enjoy your journey.
- The Right to Information. In accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Law, number 8968 in Costa Rica, (hereinafter referred to as the Personal Data Law), Centriz de Costa Rica SA, owner of the website: Budget.co.cr (hereinafter Budget), informs the user of this site about the existence of an automated personal data file created by and under the responsibility of Budget. Budget also informs the user that it fully complies with current legislation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of their personal data and its corresponding confidentiality.
- Objective. The data requested through the website in various forms are intended to provide services to the user in the best possible way and are essential to ensure their quality. These services include searching the company’s database, contacting the user to report important information, tracking potential business buyers, and facilitating contact between buyers and sellers, among others.
- Requirement for the Accuracy of User-Provided Information.The data requested through the website are appropriate, necessary, and not excessive in relation to the specific services provided by Budget. Blank spaces marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory to fulfill the user’s voluntarily requested service, and they must be completed. The user is responsible for providing truthful information to Budget and must keep it updated continuously.
- User’s Approval. The user allows the automated use of personal data for their use in requested services. Once these services are voluntarily included in any form on the Budget.co.cr website, they also consent to receiving information from third parties through the forms provided on the website for their interaction or information that is not Budget’s responsibility.
- Newsletter and Communication. Budget offers an email newsletter service to inform users of the latest updates on the website, such as news, user-requested feedback, and more. Users can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time and also have the option to update their contact information to ensure it remains current.
- Data Security. Budget maintains security measures to protect personal data in accordance with current regulations, recognizing that Internet security measures are not completely foolproof. Budget is dedicated to upholding the responsibility of maintaining the confidentiality and secrecy of personal data contained in its automated records, in compliance with its own regulations.
- Rights of access, correction and cancellation of user information. The user may exercise his/her rights of access, modification and cancellation to the processing of personal data by means of the following options through the contact section in Budget.co.cr.Or the phone number: 2436-2000.In the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What happens if I return the car before the estimated date and have already prepaid the rental? The customer can modify their reservation free of charge up to 48 hours before the rental date by contacting Customer Service at: email@example.com , or by calling our call center at: + (506) 2436 2000. Early returns and modifications outside the allowed time frame (48 hours before the arrival date) are non-refundable. CSS Cleaner is a brilliant free online tool to tidy up your messy code.