In case of an accident
Prevention is the best policy, but in case it’s necessary, here is our…
- Stay calm and try not to leave the accident scene if there is no imminent danger.
- If someone is injured due to the accident, call 911 immediately to have an ambulance sent to your location as quickly as possible.
- Call and report the accident immediately to 800-QUALITAS ( 7825-4827 ) and be ready to provide the following information:
- Policy number (only if available).
- Driver’s name at the time of the accident.
- Name of the person reporting the accident.
- Phone number for contact.
- General vehicle information (make, model, year, color, and license plate).
- Location of the accident
- Report the accident to the police by calling 911.
- Wait for the police officer and the company inspector to arrive at the scene.
- Do not move your vehicle until authorized by the police officer.
- Place warning signs at an appropriate distance.
- Turn on your car’s hazard lights and use the neon emergency vest located in the emergency toolbox to improve visibility.
- Secure your personal belongings and the vehicle.
- Stay safe.
- Report the accident to your insurance company by calling +506 2436-2007
- Provide all relevant accident information to your insurance provider and car rental company.
- Do not leave the accident scene before the arrival of the police officer and insurance inspector.
- Do not leave the accident scene before completing and signing the documents requested by both the officer and the inspector.
- Do not move your vehicle until authorized by the police officer or the inspector.
- Do not assume responsibility towards any other party.
- Do not make any monetary arrangements or settle any payments with the involved parties (insurance companies will not be responsible for any deals made with third parties).
- Always report the accident immediately after it occurs.
- Follow all instructions given on behalf of the insurance company.
- Always stay at the accident scene unless your health is at risk.
Please remember that failure to comply with these instructions may reduce or eliminate the insurance company’s risk coverage; hence, the driver is responsible for all damages caused to third parties. We hope you drive safely and continue to enjoy.