Are you planning a trip to Costa Rica but looking for something beyond the typical tourist destinations? Look no further! Costa Rica has much more to offer than just the famous Volcan Arenal and Manuel Antonio National Park. In this article, we’ll showcase 5 off-the-beaten-path destinations that are worth exploring.
Costa Rica is a small country located in Central America, bordered by Nicaragua to the north and Panama to the south. It’s known for its pristine beaches, active volcanoes, lush forests, and abundant wildlife. Costa Rica is a popular destination for eco-tourism and adventure travel.
Many visitors to Costa Rica opt for organized tours, but we believe that the best way to experience this beautiful country is by renting a car with Budget Car Rental. Not only does it give you the freedom to explore at your own pace, but it also allows you to discover hidden gems that are not accessible by public transportation.
Renting a car with Budget Car Rental has many advantages. First, it allows you to travel independently and create your own itinerary. Second, it saves you time and money compared to taking organized tours or relying on taxis. And finally, it gives you the flexibility to change your plans at any time.
Now, let’s explore the 5 off-the-beaten-path destinations in Costa Rica that you won’t find in the typical guidebooks.
- Barrigona Beach: Located in the Guanacaste province, this secluded beach is perfect for those looking for a tranquil getaway. It’s a hidden gem surrounded by lush forests and palm trees, and it offers fantastic snorkeling opportunities. To get there, take the coastal road from Tamarindo to Nosara and turn left at the sign for Playa Barrigona. It’s about a 30-minute drive from there.
- Rio Celeste: This natural wonder is located in the Tenorio Volcano National Park and is known for its striking turquoise-colored water. Visitors can hike through the park’s rainforest trails and see the stunning waterfall that feeds into the river. To get there, take the Pan-American Highway to the town of Bijagua and then follow the signs to the park.
- Uvita Beach: Located in the southern Pacific coast, Uvita Beach is a hidden gem that offers a unique experience for visitors. The beach has a natural formation of sand and rocks that create the shape of a whale’s tail during low tide. It’s a beautiful spot for swimming and relaxing. To get there, take the coastal road from Manuel Antonio to Dominical and then turn right at the sign for Uvita.
- Catarata del Toro: This beautiful waterfall is located in the province of Alajuela, and it’s a great spot for hiking and birdwatching. The waterfall drops 270 feet into a dormant volcano crater and offers breathtaking views. To get there, take the road from San Jose to Bajos del Toro and then follow the signs to the waterfall.
- Avellanas Beach: This secluded beach is located in the province of Guanacaste and is known for its world-class surfing. The beach features several breaks with waves suitable for all levels, from beginners to experts. Visitors can also take a walk along the beach to enjoy the scenic views and spot wildlife such as monkeys and iguanas. To get there, take Route 160 from Tamarindo and follow the signs to Playa Avellanas.
At Budget Car Rental Costa Rica, we believe that renting a car is the best way to experience the beauty of Costa Rica. With the freedom to explore at your own pace and the convenience of having your own transportation, you can discover hidden gems and off-the-beaten-path destinations that are not easily accessible by public transportation. Plus, with our affordable rates and a wide range of vehicles to choose from, including 4x4s, renting a car has never been easier or more accessible.
And don’t forget, the best way to save money on your rental is by prepaying online at our website. We offer exclusive discounts and special offers that you won’t find anywhere else, so be sure to check us out and start planning your Costa Rican adventure today!